AWAKE Indian Dance Festival
AWAKE Indian Dance Festival
The AWAKE Indian Dance Festival is a Hong Kong-based six-day event that features themed performances, workshops and screenings. The festival was conceptualised by organisers BEYOND Bollywood with a vision to build a stronger presence for Indian dance in the city and become a bridge between local and global Indian dance artists.
The first and most recent edition of the AWAKE Indian Dance Festival, which took place in October 2021, featured performances of Indian classical dance forms such as Bharatanatyam, kathak, kuchipudi and mohiniyattam; bhangra and giddha; and Bollywood dance.
Check out more dance festivals here.
How To Get There
How to reach Hong Kong
1. By Air: The Hong Kong International Airport is a popular and busy airport. Airlines such as Cathay Pacific, Air India, IndiGo, Jet Airways and more operate flights from India. Direct flights are available from major cities like New Delhi, Bengaluru and Mumbai.
2. By Rail: The rail network in Hong Kong is very smooth and cost-effective. MTR, Tramways and bullet trains operate within the province and on the cross-borders as well. The Automated People Mover (APM) is a driver-less train service that operates within the Hong Kong International Airport. Tramways, despite being centuries old, cover 6 routes within the island. The double-decker tram attracts numerous tourists that move through the city.
3. By Road: Availing bus services in Hong Kong is very easy and affordable. These buses cover Hong Kong Island, Lantau, long routes from Guangdong province and many more. Buses with route numbers starting with A are premium buses with WiFi facilities while those starting with S are shuttle buses that operate near MTR station. Other means of road transport are taxis and Tramways. Taxis can be found anywhere in the city but are a bit expensive.
- Wheelchair access
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations.
2. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About BEYOND Bollywood
Hong Kong-based dance charity BEYOND Bollywood was established in 2015 with a core mission…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.