G-Fest is a 16-day long celebration of artists and the art they have created under the genDeralities fellowships by the reFrame Institute of Art and Expression between the years 2020 and 2022. Spanning across media, form and aesthetic language, the artworks displayed at the organisation reflect and reveal, disrupt, debate and contemplate the complex lived realities of women, transgender and queer folk in India today. The programmes at the festival included films, performances, podcasts, illustrated tales, digital performances, mixed media works, installations and music videos.
G-Fest was held between 01 and 16 April 2023 at Studio Safdar in New Delhi.
Check out more multiarts festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Delhi
1. By Air: Delhi is well connected by domestic and international flights to all the major cities within and outside India. Almost all the major airlines have their flights operating from Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi. The Domestic Airport connects Delhi to the major cities in India.
Discover affordable flights to Delhi on IndiGo.
2. By Rail: The railway network connects Delhi to all major and nearly all the minor destinations in India. The three important railway stations of Delhi are New Delhi Railway Station, Old Delhi Railway Station and Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station.
3. By Road: Delhi is well connected by a network of roads and national highways with all the major cities in India. The three major bus stands in Delhi are Inter State Bus Terminus (ISBT) at Kashmiri Gate, Sarai Kale Khan Bus Terminus and Anand Vihar Bus Terminus. Both government and private transport providers run frequent bus services. One can also hire government-run as well as private taxis here.
- Free drinking water
- Unisex toilets
- Wheelchair access
Items & Accessories To Carry
1. The temperature during April tends to be scorching hot. Make sure you carry loose, cotton, airy clothes with long sleeves to tackle the hot weather.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations.
3. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About reFrame Institute of Art and Expression
reFrame Institute of Art and Expression
The reFrame Institute of Art and Expression was set up in 2020 with a…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.