Indiegaga is a travelling multi-genre independent music festival. Kerala-based artist management and event company Wonderwall Media launched the festival in 2019 in Kochi. After a pandemic-caused hiatus, Indiegaga returned in May 2022.
The festival moved to Kozhikode in November for a day-long fourth edition timed around the Onam festival. Rock bands Agam, Thaikkudam Bridge and Thakara, singer Job Kurian, hip-hop outfits Street Academics and ThirumaLi, and folk/fusion groups Pineapple Express and Sithara’s Project Malabaricus performed at the festival.
The third installment, which took place in Thiruvananthapuram in June, featured sets by Avial, Thaikkudam Bridge, Street Academics, ThirumaLi x Thudwiser, Job Kurian, Sooraj Santhosh, Shanka Tribe, and Sithara’s Project Malabaricus.
Motherjane, The Down Troddence, The F16s, and The Local Train are a few of the other acts to have played at the festival. Conceptualised as a music and art festival, the first edition of Indiegaga also showcased the works of visual artists from across the country, a highlight the organisers aim to bring back soon.
How To Get There
How to reach Kozhikode
1. By Air: Karipur airport, also known as Calicut International Airport, is located around 23 km away from the main Kozikode town. It receives daily flights from cities such as Kochi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai and New Delhi as well as Gulf countries. Passengers can avail local vehicles to travel to Kozhikode city from the airport.
2. By Rail: Kozhikode’s railway station connects the city to other important Indian destinations such as Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Bengaluru, Mangaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai and New Delhi via a number of mail and express trains.
3. By Road: Kozhikode is well connected to cities like Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Bengaluru, Mangaluru, Chennai and Coimbatore by road. Buses run by the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation as well as a large number of private operators connect Kozhikode to important cities in the south.
- Food stalls
- Parking facilities
- Unisex toilets
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. An umbrella and rainwear. Be prepared for the monsoon in Kerala during June.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations and the venue allows bottles to be taken inside.
3. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
Get tickets here!
About Wonderwall Media
Kerala-based Wonderwall Media, founded in 2018, is a design and production house and artist…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.