Jashn-e-Adab Cultural Kaarva’n Virasat
Jashn-e-Adab Cultural Kaarva’n Virasat
Launched in 2021, Jashn-e-Adab Cultural Kaarva’n is a multi-city festival that seeks to celebrate “the vibrancy and grandeur of Hindustani art and culture” such as Indian classical music and dance, theatre, as well as literature and poetry in Hindi and Urdu. The aim of the event, which has so far taken place in Bhopal (October 2021, September 2022) and New Delhi (March and August 2022), is to conserve and nurture Hindustani art forms in their true essence and formats such as Dastangoi, Baitbaazi and Kabir Gayan. Entry to the festival is free.
The sixth edition of the festival in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh was held between 16 to 17 December 2022 and featured a Qawwali performance by Rais Anis Sabri, a Kathak performance by Vidha Lal, ghazal and classical singing by Vidhya Shah, a conversation between poet and lyricist Irshad Kamil and Himachali author Prarthana Gahilote, an Urdu storytelling session by Fauzia Dastango and Ritesh Yadav, showcase of a Hindi adaptation of a play by Anton Chekhov, a conversation between Indian poets Farhad Ehsas and Madan Mohan Danish and a kavi sammelan (a gathering of poets) with internationally-acclaimed poets from across the country.
Check out more multiarts festivals here.
Watch these speakers and performers at the festival.
How To Get There
How to reach New Delhi
1. By Air: Delhi is well connected by domestic and international flights to all the major cities within and outside India. Almost all the major airlines have their flights operating from Indira Gandhi International Airport. The Domestic Airport connects Delhi to the major cities in India.
2. By Rail: The railway network connects Delhi to all major and nearly all the minor destinations in India. The three important railway stations are New Delhi Railway Station, Old Delhi Railway Station and Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station.
3. By Road: A network of roads and national highways connects Delhi with all the major cities in India. The three major bus stands are the Inter State Bus Terminus (ISBT) at Kashmiri Gate, Sarai Kale Khan Bus Terminus and Anand Vihar Bus Terminus. Both government and private transport providers run frequent bus services. One can also hire government-run as well as private taxis here.
- Gendered toilets
- Live streaming
- Masks mandatory
- Socially distanced
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Wear comfortable cotton or linen outfits as the temperature ranges between 33°C and 18°C, and is pleasantly warm during October.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations.
3. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About Jashn-e-Adab Foundation
The Jashn-e-Adab Foundation was established in 2012 with the aim of promoting Hindustani art, culture…
Lajpat Nagar II
New Delhi 110024
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.