Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
Film buffs across the country wait all year for this international festival which, over its last 21 editions, has lived up to the expectation of showcasing world-class films. The Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival offers the best of world cinema to the people of Mumbai and in turn offers the best of Indian cinema to the world, including premiers of new cutting-edge and independent movies.
The year-round digital verticals of Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival, which launched in 2020, include the conversation series with film professionals Dial M For Films, Storytellers Are Us: The Origin Story and Jio MAMI Industry Programme; film journalism workshop Rashid Irani Young Critics Lab; and MAMI Year Round Programme Home Theatre screenings. While the 22nd edition scheduled in March 2022 was cancelled owing to COVID-19 concerns, under its Year Round Programme, a selection of the Indian films that were programmed were screened online between 24 February and 16 March.
Check out more film festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Mumbai
1. By Air: Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, formerly known as Sahar International Airport, is the primary international airport serving the Mumbai metropolitan area. It is situated about 30 km from the main Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) train station. Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji has two terminals. Terminal 1, or the domestic terminal, was the old airport referred to as Santa Cruz Airport, and some locals still use this name. Terminal 2, or the international terminal, replaced the old terminal 2, formerly known as Sahar Airport. The Santa Cruz Domestic Airport is about 4.5 km from the international airport. There are regular direct flights to Mumbai from most major cities in India and across the world. Buses and cabs are easily available from the airport to reach desired destinations.
2. By Rail: Mumbai is very well connected to the rest of India by train. The Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus is the most popular station in Mumbai. Trains to Mumbai are available from all major railway stations in India. Some important Mumbai trains of note are the Mumbai Rajdhani, Mumbai Duronto, and Konkan Kanya Express.
3. By Road: Mumbai is well-connected with national highways and expressways. Visiting by bus is economical for individual tourists. Government-run and private buses operate daily services. Travelling to Mumbai by car is a common choice made by travellers, and hailing a cab or hiring a private car is an efficient way of exploring the city.
About Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI)
Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI)
The Jio MAMI Film Festival is organised by the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.