Musicathon – Music Festival in the Mountains
Launched in 2019, Musicathon-Music Festival in the Mountains, is a festival organised by artist manager Gaurav Kumar Kushwaha which showcases musical acts by emerging artists from various parts of the country. Tucked in the serene landscape of Bir, Himachal Pradesh, with a stunning backdrop of the Dhauladhar range, the festival is attended by music lovers from across the world. The festival explores a diverse range of music genres, and offers an overarching immersive experience that blends travelling, camping, and music. Musicathon is put together with the efforts of the local community, talented independent musicians and a bunch of people driven by a common passion for music, poetry and a desire for self-discovery. The eighth and last edition of the festival featured a stellar artist lineup of singers-songwriters, including Arjan Singh, Bittle Singh, Buland Himalay, Himanshu Chavan, Nilotpal Bora, Priyanshu Paliwal, Punit Singh, and Ramil Ganjoo, the duos Khwabida and 2 Capos, and the bands Healing Roots and The Khalnayaks.
Check out more music festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Bir
1. By Air: There is no direct flight connectivity to the city of Bir. Kangra Airport, which is 67.6 km away is the nearest airport that connects Bir to the rest of the world. Other airports close to Bir are those of Chandigarh (290 km), Amritsar (260 km) and New Delhi (520 km).
2. By Rail: There is no direct rail connectivity to Bir. The nearest broad gauge station is in Pathankot, which is 112.4 km away, while the nearest narrow gauge station is in Ahju, which is just 3 km away. A toy train runs from Pathankot to Ahju.
3. By Road: You can take an overnight bus from Delhi/Chandigarh to Bir. Local buses from other regions of Himachal will drop you at Bir Road Chowk. If you aren’t getting a direct bus to Bir, you can try booking a bus to Dharamshala, Palampur or Baijnath since local buses operate from these places throughout the day. You can also hire shared taxis for the same route.
- Camping area
- Charging booths
- Food stalls
- Parking facilities
- Unisex toilets
- Only fully vaccinated attendees allowed
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Warm winter wear to shield yourself from the cold.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations, and if the venue allows bottles to be taken inside.
3. Comfortable footwear. Sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in).
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
Musicathon – Musical Festival in the Mountains was started in 2019 by artist manager Gaurav…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.