Odisha Design Week
Odisha Design Week
The brainchild of the Odisha Design Council, the inaugural edition of the Odisha Design Week was held in 2021 with an aim to “bridge the gap between the rich cultural heritage of the state and modern design practices from around the world”.
Comprising exhibitions, workshops, panel discussions and heritage tours, the biennale festival promotes “innovative design techniques that augment the sustainable economic development of the state, which in turn leads to the growth of the national economy”. The 2021 edition, executed in a hybrid format, showcased 52 types of local crafts from appliqué work and filigree to stonework, woodwork and puppetry and featured 30 speakers including Satish Gokhale and Pradyumna Vyas.
Check out more design festivals here.
How To Get There
How to reach Bhubaneswar
1. By Air: Biju Patnaik Airport is the main domestic airport and is located about 3 km from the city. Travellers can get flights from metros such as Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Kolkata to Bhubaneswar flights.
2. By Rail: Bhubaneswar Railway Station is the main railway station of the city and is situated in the centre of the city. Superfast and other passenger trains are easily available from this station. You can get trains to Guwahati, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and many other cities.
3. By Road: To get into and around the city, you can get various modes of transport such as buses, taxis and auto rickshaws. Bhubaneswar Bus Station is 8 km from the city centre, you can take buses operated by Orissa State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC). Private buses are also easily available from there.
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. A light jacket or shawl. December is the first winter month in Bhubaneswar when temperatures dip as low as 15.6°C.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations and allows water bottles to be taken into the festival venue.
3. A tote bag for all those brochures and products you may want to lug back home.
4. It’s always a good idea to carry debit/credit cards as well as cash in case technology fails us or if you want to avail of cash discounts that they offer on the spot.
5. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks, and a hard or soft copy of your vaccination certificate.
About Odisha Design Council
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.