Serendipity Arts Festival
Serendipity Arts Festival
From its launch in 2016, the Serendipity Arts Festival in Goa has evolved into one of the largest annual interdisciplinary cultural extravaganzas in South Asia. A panel of 14 curators selects the events and experiences, which are presented over eight days in December. Covering the fields of culinary, performing and visual arts, they’re hosted at venues across the city of Panaji. The sites range from heritage buildings and public parks to museums and riverboats.
Over the years, the curators have included ceramic artist Kristine Michael for craft; chef Rahul Akerkar for culinary arts; bharatanatyam exponent Leela Samson for dance; Hindustani classical composers and performers Aneesh Pradhan and Shubha Mudgal for music; lensman Ravi Agarwal for photography; actress Arundhati Nag for theatre; and cultural historian Jyotindra Jain for visual arts. With a guiding mission to make art visible and accessible, the Serendipity Arts Festival also includes educational initiatives, workshops and special projects. After four in-person editions, the festival was held in a digital avatar in 2020.
The curators for the last edition of the festival included percussionist Bickram Ghosh and guitarist Ehsaan Noorani for music; Somany Ceramics director Anjana Somany and Pramod Kumar K. G., the managing director of museum consulting company Eka for craft; The Black Sheep Bistro founder Prahlad Sukhtankar for culinary arts; director Quasar Thakore-Padamsee for theatre; artists Sudarshan Shetty and writer-researcher Veerangana Solanki for visual arts’ and Indian classical dancers Mayuri Upadhya and Geeta Chandran for dance.
The upcoming edition of the Serendipity Arts Festival will be held between 15 and 23 December 2023.
Check out more multiarts festivals here.
About Serendipity Arts Foundation
Serendipity Arts Foundation
The Serendipity Arts Foundation, which was formed in 2016, is a cultural development organisation…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.