Shoonya – Festival of Nothingness
Shoonya is a festival that its organisers say “focuses on the journey towards the joyful discovery of inner contentment”. It can simultaneously be described as a camping/travelling arts and wellness festival where attendees are invited “to flow through the rocks and forests like a river stream via curated pathways of experiences, activities, and workshops” such as drum circles, mandala making, sound healing, yoga and Zumba sessions.
The festival, which was launched in 2018, is held in different parts of the country with the aim of finding untouched spots in picturesque and serene locations. The 2022 edition will take place over the Independence Day weekend in Pushkar. “Human” foosball, a sundowner hike and meals prepared by a farm-to-plate community kitchen are on the itinerary at the event.
Check out more multiarts festivals here.
How To Get There
How to reach Pushkar
1. By Air: Sanganer Airport in Jaipur is the nearest airport that further links the town of Pushkar to the other major cities of the country. The airport, which is located at a distance of almost 146 km from Pushkar, is well connected to Jodhpur, Udaipur, New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Indore.
2. By Rail: Ajmer is the nearest railway station, which is well linked to Pushkar through a number of taxis and buses. The railway station is located at a distance of almost 11 km.
3. By Road: Pushkar is well connected to the major roadways and main national highways of Rajasthan, which further connects the town with the other major cities of the country. The Marwar bus stand is located in the northern side of Pushkar. Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner and New Delhi are situated at a distance of 141 km, 215 km, 330 km and 405 km respectively.
- Camping area
- Free drinking water
- Unisex toilets
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Warm clothes to shield yourself from the desert cold.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations, and if the venue allows bottles to be taken inside.
3. Comfortable footwear. Sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in).
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About Shoonya Experiences
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.