Apeejay Bangla Sahitya Utsob
Apeejay Bangla Sahitya Utsob
Since its launch in 2015 by Oxford Bookstore and publisher Patra Bharati, the Apeejay Bangla Sahitya Utsob has served as “an interactive platform for the voices of contemporary literature in Bangla, considered one of the most mellifluous and ornate languages of the world.”
In addition to talks and panel discussions on a broad range of subjects, the events included literature and language-based competitions. Among the authors who have been part of the festival are Shankha Ghosh, Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay, Nabaneeta Dev Sen and Samaresh Majumdar, to name just a few.
Covering all the facets of writing in Bangla, the Apeejay Bangla Sahitya Utsob has also hosted filmmakers such as Goutam Ghose, Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury and Suman Mukhopadhyay, actors including Barun Chanda, Sabyasachi Chakraborty and Swastika Mukherjee, and musicians like Nachiketa and Surojit Chatterjee. After taking a break in 2020 owing to the pandemic, the organisers staged two online editions in 2021, in January and December. In 2022, the festival reverted to its in-person format and was held between 25 and 27 November at Oxford Book Store in Kolkata.
Check out more literature festivals here.
About Oxford Bookstore
Established in 1919, Kolkata-headquartered Oxford Bookstore is among the country’s most popular book chains…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.