Ballet Festival of India
Ballet Festival of India
The Ballet Festival of India, which was launched in 2017, supports the growth, exposure and education of ballet in India. Its objectives include building and engaging a vibrant ballet community in the country and making quality ballet available and affordable here. Each edition of the festival is unique in its structure and has included classes, film screenings, and seminars on music, nutrition and cross-training methods in the past.
Past editions of the festival have hosted eminent choreographers like Sebastian Vinet, Cindy Jourdain and Tusha Dallas as part of the faculty. The second edition of the festival was held in a digital format in 2020 owing to the pandemic. The third instalment, in September 2022, was held in a hybrid format with the faculty teaching online and participants being given the option to dance in person at physical centres in six cities: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. It offered two sets of experiences: one for senior students (those above the age of 12), dancers, and teachers, and a special one for children between the ages of eight and 12.
Four internationally-renowned professional dancers, German-Senegalese dancer Adji Cissoko from Alonzo King LINES Ballet, American dancer Akua Noni Parker formerly of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Brazilian dancer Nayara Lopes from the Philadelphia Ballet and British dancer Sarah Surinder Kundi from the English National Ballet were the faculty for the last edition of the festival. They taught ballet techniques, repertoire and choreography, besides conducting a webinar with a question-and-answer segment. The festival culminated in a virtual live showcase during which participants performed the repertoire and choreography they had learned over the weekend.
Check out more dance festivals here.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.