Boxout Weekender is a three-day festival that celebrates the anniversary of boxout.fm, an Indian online independent music community radio station, which was launched in April 2017. The line-up is entirely made up of resident DJs and artists with shows on the station. Singer/rapper Delhi Sultanate, jazz drummer and composer Sarathy Korwar and electronic music producers Spryk and Suchi are among the acts that have played at previous editions.
Since 2018, Boxout Weekender has been broadcast live on the radio station and on its official YouTube channel. The festival has been on hiatus since 2020.
Check out more music festivals here.
Highlights from the Past
The diverse line-up, production and experiences at Boxout Weekender are carefully curated to ensure no festival-goer leaves without a memorable time.
Three tips to make sure you make the most of the festival:
-Check the artists’ set times before you get to the venue so you don’t miss your favourite act.
-Protect your ears with earplugs.
-Buy merchandise from designers who have collaborated with the festival. At the 2019 edition, there was a live screen print pop-up at which you could get signature boxout.fm designs on demand.
-In case you can’t make it to the venue, download the boxout.fm mobile app to tune in live from wherever you are.
How To Get There
How to Reach Delhi
1. By Air: Delhi is well connected by domestic and international flights to major cities within and outside India. Almost all the major airlines have their flights operating from Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi. The Domestic Airport connects Delhi to the major cities in India.
2. By Rail: The railway network connects Delhi to all major and nearly all the minor destinations in India. The three important railway stations of Delhi are New Delhi Railway Station, Old Delhi Railway Station and Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station.
3. By Road: Delhi is well connected by a network of roads and national highways with all the major cities in India. The three major bus stands in Delhi are Inter State Bus Terminus (ISBT) at Kashmiri Gate, Sarai Kale Khan Bus Terminus and Anand Vihar Bus Terminus. Both government and private transport providers run frequent bus services. One can also hire government-run as well as private taxis here.
- Food stalls
- Gendered toilets
- Licensed bars
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. The temperature during April tends to be scorching hot. Make sure you carry loose, cotton, airy clothes with long sleeves to tackle the hot weather.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations.
3. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.