Chennai Queer LitFest
Chennai Queer LitFest
This annual day-long LGBTQIA+ literature festival was started in 2018 by Queer Chennai Chronicles. Its aim is to encourage and create opportunities for queer-identifying writers, translators, artists and publishers who are otherwise invisibilised or ignored in various literary platforms. The Chennai Queer LitFest, which is a completely a queer-run festival, brings together varied queer perspectives about literature from and about India through sessions such as panel discussions, poetry recitals and reading performances.
Activists and writers Living Smile Vidya, Shobasakthi, Thamizhachi Thangapandian, Vasudhendra and V. Geetha have been part of the festival so far. While the first two editions were held in-person, the last two instalments, entitled Queer LitFest Live, were conducted digitally. In 2020, the events were streamed live on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and in 2021, an “audio-only” edition was staged on Twitter Spaces in partnership with Twitter India. The next instalment is scheduled for September 2022.
Check out more literature festivals here.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.