Cyberia | New Media Playground
Cyberia | New Media Playground
Cyberia | New Media Playground, launched in 2019, is a festival that explores and celebrates the potential of new media technologies. It poses questions “about the basic conditions of digital perception today and how we construct our own conception of reality of them”, as “immersive technologies increasingly replace analog surroundings with virtual data rooms, therefore radically changing the way that we interact socially, work, play and how we organise our free time”.
The festival aims to display the impact of technology through art and culture. Each edition, which features talks, exhibitions, performances and workshops, is centred on a theme. The 2019 instalment of Cyberia was based around ‘Play’, and the 2021 round on ‘Game Space’. The festival was not held in 2020. ‘Immersion’ will be the focus in 2022.
AI artists Harshit Agrawal and Gene Kogan, visual effects creator Sylvan Dieckmann, and speakers from architecture studios Bureau Spectacular and iheartblob, design studios Space Popular and You + Pea, and video game development studio Oleomingu are among those who have been part of Cyberia so far.
Check out more visual arts festivals here.
How to Reach Pune
1. By Air: Pune is well connected through domestic airlines with the entire country. Lohegaon Airport or Pune Airport is an international airport, located 15 km away from Pune city centre. Visitors can avail of taxi and local bus services from outside the airport to reach their destination.
2. By Rail: Pune Junction Railway Station connects the city with all the prime Indian destinations. There are several mail/express trains and superfast trains linking the city to various Indian destinations in the south, north and west. Some of the prominent trains operating to and from Mumbai are the Deccan Queen and Shatabdi Express, which take around three-and-a-half hours to reach Pune.
3. By Road: Pune enjoys excellent connectivity with neighbouring cities and towns through a well-maintained network of roads. Mumbai (140 km), Ahmadnagar (121 km), Aurangabad (215 km) and Bijapur (275 km) all are well linked to Pune by a number of states and roadways buses. Those driving from Mumbai need to take Mumbai-Pune Expressway route, which takes barely two to three hours to cover a distance of about 150 km.
- Virtual festival
Items to Carry
1. Sandals, flip flops or sneakers or boots (but make sure they are worn in).
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations.
3. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About the Organiser
TIFA Working Studios
TIFA Working Studios is a “multidisciplinary platform for creativity and culture” that serves as…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.