Francophonie Film Festival
Francophonie Film Festival
The Francophonie Film Festival at Alliance Française presents a special line-up of movies from Francophone Consulates all around the world, on the occasion of Francophonie Month. The films being screened at the festival include Au Revoir Le Bonheur (2021), La Terre Vue Du Coeur (2018), L’Employee Du Mois (2021), A Plein Temps (2021) and Tambour Battant (2019).
Alliance Française de Bombay has also announced a creative writing competition as part of the The Francophonie Film Festival. The organisers aim to provide a platform for people to articulate their passion for French through this contest. The competition welcomes all French language learners to participate and express their love for the language. The festival will be held between 20 and 27 March 2023.
Check out more film festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Mumbai
1. By Air: Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, formerly known as Sahar International Airport, is the primary international airport serving the Mumbai metropolitan area. It is situated about 30 km from the main Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) train station. Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji has two terminals. Terminal 1, or the domestic terminal, was the old airport referred to as Santa Cruz Airport, and some locals still use this name. Terminal 2, or the international terminal, replaced the old terminal 2, formerly known as Sahar Airport. The Santa Cruz Domestic Airport is about 4.5 km from the international airport. There are regular direct flights to Mumbai from most major cities in India and across the world. Buses and cabs are easily available from the airport to reach desired destinations.
Discover affordable flights to Mumbai on IndiGo.
2. By Rail: Mumbai is very well connected to rest of India by train. The Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus is the most popular station in Mumbai. Trains to Mumbai are available from all major railway stations in India. Some important Mumbai trains of note are the Mumbai Rajdhani, Mumbai Duronto, and Konkan Kanya Express.
3. By Road: Mumbai is well-connected with national highways and expressways. Visiting by bus is economical for individual tourists. Government-run and private buses operate daily services. Travelling to Mumbai by car is a common choice made by travellers, and hailing a cab or hiring a private car is an efficient way of exploring the city.
Items & Accessories To Carry
1. Carry clothes suitable for the shifty spring temperatures during March and April.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations, and if the venue allows bottles to be taken inside.
3. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About Alliance Française
Alliance Française is part of an international network and works under a triple umbrella:…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.