To commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence, the Indian Music Experience Museum will stage the weekend-long Freedom Festival featuring performances by stalwarts of Indian Karnatic, Hindustani and folk music. A total of 13 concerts will be presented, including those by mridangam player Umayalpuram Sivaraman, vocalists Sandeep Narayan and Sudha Ragunathan, and a group of Rajasthani folk musicians led by Kasam Khan Langa. The shows will be held at the MLR Convention Centre on 26 and 27 August and at the Indian Music Experience Museum on 28 August.
Check out more music festivals here.
These classical and folk musicians will take the stage
Karnatic classical vocalist Sandeep Narayan
Karnatic classical vocalist Spoorthi Rao
Karnatic classical vocalist Sudha Raghunathan
Karnatic classical veena player S. V. Sahana
Hindustani classical singers Umakant Gundecha and Anant Gundecha
Mridangam player Umayalpuram Sivaraman
Baul singer Girish Khyapa
Rajasthani folk vocalist Kasam Khan
Hindustani classical flute player S. Akash
Karnatic classical vocalist Krithika Sreenivasan
Karnatic classical vocalist R. K. Padmanabha
Karnatic classical vocalist S. Sowmya
How To Get There
How to Reach Bengaluru
1. By Air: You can reach Bengaluru via air at Bengaluru International Airport, which is located at a distance of 40 km from the city.
2. By Rail: Bengaluru Railway Station is located in the heart of the city. Various trains from all over India come to Bengaluru, including the Mysore Express from Chennai, Karnataka Express from Delhi and Udyan Express from Mumbai, which covers many major cities in between.
3. By Road: The city is connected to various other cities via major national highways. Buses from neighbouring states run on a regular basis to Bengaluru, and Bengaluru Bus Stand also runs various buses to major cities in South India.
- Parking facilities
- Wheelchair access
- Masks mandatory
- Only fully vaccinated attendees allowed
- Sanitiser booths
- Socially distanced
- Temperature checks
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. An umbrella and rainwear. Be prepared for the monsoon.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival venue has refillable water stations.
3. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate at the things you should keep handy.
About Indian Music Experience Museum
Indian Music Experience Museum
The Indian Music Experience, located in Bengaluru, is the country’s first interactive music museum….
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.