Hummingbird International Film Festival
Hummingbird International Film Festival
The Hummingbird International Film Festival, launched in 2021, is a platform for independent short films from across the world. Past editions of the festival have screened films ranging from fiction and documentary to animation and video art, as well as LGBTQIA+ centric cinema. The festival has given out awards for the categories of Best Cinematography and Best Direction.
A total of 90 films from 35 countries have been screened at the inaugural 2021 edition of the festival. They have included such award-winning and acclaimed titles as Censor Of Dreams (France), I Am Afraid To Forget Your Face (Egypt, France), In The Shadow Of The Pines (Canada), Kalsubai (India), Swingin’ (Taiwan) and Tala’vision (Germany and Jordan). Talks on subjects such as Women from Cinema’s Backstage and LGBTQ Narratives and Notions were streamed online during the festival. Filmmakers Debashis Sen Sharma, Shameem Akhtar and Sridhar Rangayan were among those who were part of the event.
The second edition of the festival held in partnership with Alliance Francaise in October 2022, officially selected 50+ films in exclusive categories including Fiction, LGBTQ+, Animation, Documentary, Video Art, and Human Rights. The festival screened the film Nauha at the opening, which was officially selected at La Cinef of the Cannes Film Festival, 2022. Hummingbird 2022 ended with the Clermont Ferrand Special Jury award-winning closing film “La Traction Des Poles” curated by Alliance Française.
The upcoming third edition of the festival will be held between 07 and 09 December 2023.
Submit your films for the festival here.
Check out more film festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Kolkata
1. By Air: The Kolkata international airport, better known as the Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, is located at Dumdum. It connects Kolkata with all the major cities of the country as well as the world.
2. By Rail: The Howrah and Sealdah railway stations are the two major railheads situated in the city. Both these stations are well connected to all the important cities of the country.
3. By Road: The West Bengal state buses and various private buses travel to and from different parts of the country at a reasonable cost. Some places near Kolkata are Sunderbans (112 km), Puri (495 km), Konark (571 km) and Darjeeling (624 km).
- Gendered toilets
- Wheelchair access
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Loose and airy cotton clothes with long sleeves to tackle the hot weather.
2. An umbrella, if you happen to get caught in a sudden shower.
3. A sturdy water bottle.
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.