Idli Soda Festival
Idli Soda Festival
The Idli Soda Festival is the first Fusion Music Festival in Chennai, featuring eight live bands from across the country. The bands that will be performing during the two-day festival include Thaikkudam Bridge, Indian Ocean and Swarathma. Tamil Musician and Playback Singer Pradeep Kumar would also be performing at the festival. The Idli Soda Festival also host seven heavy-duty music workshops on vocal, instruments and music technology. The Idli Soda Festival will also accommodate food and merchandise stalls for the audiences’ gastronomic delight.
Held between 18 and 19 Feb this year, the festival was organised by the Rotary Club of Madras East (RCME) as a fundraiser initiative. Catering to the new generation of audiences appreciating independent music, this festival promises to be one-of-a-kind in India.
Check out more music festivals here.
How to Get There
How to Reach Chennai
1. By Air: Chennai International Airport is 7 kms away from Chennai city. Frequent domestic as well as international flights arrive here. Anna Terminal receives international flights from various major cities in the world. Kamaraj Terminal, which is at a distance of 150 metres from the Anna Terminal, has domestic flights connecting Chennai with major Indian cities.
Discover affordable flights to Chennai on IndiGo.
2. By Rail: Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore are the main railway stations in the city receiving regular trains from various major cities of India such as Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata.
3. By Road: The city is well connected with other cities in India by a road network. Various national highways from Chennai connect with Bengaluru (330 kms), Trichy (326 kms), Puducherry (162 kms) and Tiruvallur (47 kms). One can use car rental services or state transport buses.
- Food stalls
- Parking facilities
- Wheelchair access
Items & Accessories To Carry
1. Carry summer clothes to beat the humidity in Chennai.
2. Comfortable footwear such as sandals, flip flops and sneakers.
3. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations and the venue allows bottles to be taken inside.
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About Rotary Club of Madras East
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.