India Craft Week
India Craft Week
India Craft Week, launched in 2018, is a festival dedicated to supporting craftspersons and artisans through a curated exhibition and sale. It brings together traditional masters and contemporary innovators along with Indian and international designers, brands, galleries, institutions and organisations with craft at their core. A symposium, demonstrations, masterclasses, workshops, installations, screenings and folk performances are among the highlights.
Fashion designers Anju Modi and Rahul Mishra, educationist Darlie Koshy, filmmaker Muzaffar Ali and product design manager Revathi Kant are some of the speakers to have been part of the India Craft Week, which took place again in 2019 and 2021. The fourth edition was held in October 2022.
Check out more arts and crafts festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach New Delhi
1. By Air: Delhi is well connected by domestic and international flights to all the major cities within and outside India. Almost all the major airlines have their flights operating from Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi. The Domestic Airport connects Delhi to the major cities in India.
2. By Rail: The railway network connects Delhi to all major and nearly all the minor destinations in India. The three important railway stations of Delhi are New Delhi Railway Station, Old Delhi Railway Station and Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station.
3. By Road: Delhi is well connected by a network of roads and national highways with all the major cities in India. The three major bus stands in Delhi are Inter State Bus Terminus (ISBT) at Kashmiri Gate, Sarai Kale Khan Bus Terminus and Anand Vihar Bus Terminus. Both government and private transport providers run frequent bus services. One can also hire government-run as well as private taxis here.
- Food stalls
- Gendered toilets
- Licensed bars
- Wheelchair access
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Wear comfortable cotton or linen outfits as the temperature ranges between 33°C and 18°C, and is pleasantly warm in October in Delhi.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations.
3. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
Get tickets here!
About Craft Village
Founded in 2015, Craft Village is a national entity of the World Crafts Council. It organises the…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.