International Kolkata Book Fair
Launched in 1976, the International Kolkata Book Fair is an annual literary festival that takes place across two weeks in Kolkata. Organised by the Publishers & Booksellers Guild, the 46th edition of the festival is being held between 31 Jan and 12 Feb, 2023. The theme country for this year’s book fair is Spain and celebrates the famous Spanish painter Pablo Picasso. Past editions of the festival have seen participation from many publishers from across the country and the world, including Goodword Books, Scholastic India and Simon & Schuster India to name a few. The International Kolkata Book Fair has been recognized by International Publishers Association, Geneva as the largest book fair in terms of number of visitors. Some of the most eminent publishers taking part in this year’s book fair include Harper Collins, Pan Macmillan India, Penguin Random House India, Niyogi Books, Jaico Publishing House, Bloomsbury Publishing India and many others. For more details on the book fair, you can download this application.
Check out more literature festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Kolkata
1. By Air: The Kolkata international airport, better known as the Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, is located at Dumdum. It connects Kolkata with all the major cities of the country as well as the world.
Discover affordable flights to Kolkata on IndiGo.
2. By Rail: The Howrah and Sealdah railway stations are the two major railheads situated in the city. Both these stations are well connected to all the important cities of the country.
3. By Road: The West Bengal state buses and various private buses travel to and from different parts of the country at a reasonable cost. Some places near Kolkata are Sunderbans (112 km), Puri (495 km), Konark (571 km) and Darjeeling (624 km).
Items and Accessories to carry
1. Make sure you carry light woollens and a shawl to tackle the chill in West Bengal.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations, and if the venue allows bottles to be taken inside the festival site. Hey, let’s do our bit for the environment, shall we?
3. Footwear: Sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or thick sandals or chappals (but make sure they are worn in).
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About Publishers & Booksellers Guild
Publishers & Booksellers Guild
The Publishers & Booksellers Guild was founded in the year 1975. It has since…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.