LLDC Festival of Music
The Living and Learning Design Centre, also known as LLDC, is a museum and cultural centre based in Ajrakhpur, Kutch. In line with its vision of preserving and sustaining the crafts of the district, the LLDC organises a music festival each year. It aims to promote both roots and contemporary music from across the country on the same stage. LLDC Festival of Music is the first-of-its-kind festival in Kutch to promote, encourage and provide a platform to emerging young artists from the field of music. Initiated in 2022 by The Shrujan Trust, Kutch, this music festival has become an annual tradition, taking place each October around the occasion of ‘Sharad Poornima’. Over the course of three days, the festival celebrates a diverse array of musical genres and traditions.
The upcoming LLDC Festival of Music is scheduled to be held for three days at the Living & Learning Design Centre (LLDC), Ajrakhpur, Bhuj-Kutch, from the 27 to the 29 October 2023.
Check out more music festivals here.
How To Reach Bhuj
1. By Air: Since the Bhuj Airport is a local airport, it hosts only a handful of domestic flights from select cities. Alliance Air is among the limited airlines hosted by the Bhuj Airport. There are direct flights from Mumbai, and connecting flights are available from Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Marmagoa, Delhi, Chennai and Bangalore. The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai is the layover for connecting flights to Bhuj.
2. By Rail: The Bhuj Railways Station hosts a couple of regular trains from various cities such as Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Bangalore, Bandra, Andheri, Madurai, Banjar, Adilabad, and Kharagpur. Some of the prominent transit lines include the Jaipur Express, Bhuj BRC Express, JP BDTS Special, Kutch Express, Bareilly Express, Bhuj Dadar Express and the Ala Hazrat Express. Although most of these connecting trains, there are direct trains available between Bhuj and Ahmedabad.
3. By Road: Bhuj owns well-connected roadways with various nearby and far away cities. However, while opting for a taxi or a self-long-drive, it is more convenient to choose points that are relatively close to Bhuj city. Some of such feasible options include Rajkot, Jamnagar, Patan, Mehsana and Palanpur, all of which are a 6-7 hour journey each.
Items to Carry
1. The weather during October tends to be warm as average temperatures vary between 35°C and 22°C. Make sure you carry loose and airy cotton clothes.
2. A sturdy water bottle.
3 COVID packs: Sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate.
About Living and Learning Design Centre (LLDC)
Living and Learning Design Centre (LLDC)
An initiative of the Shrujan Trust, the Living and Learning Design Centre or LLDC…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.