Logon Ka FolkLog
Logon Ka FolkLog
Launched in March 2020, Logon Ka FolkLog is an online storytelling festival that’s staged every few months on Facebook and Instagram. The festival aims to celebrate and showcase Indian parables, folk tales and indigenous forms of storytelling in languages such as Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Rajasthani, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English.
It is an effort to create a caste, class and gender-neutral space for the country’s folk artists and provide them with a global online presence. Oggu Katha from Andra Pradesh, Ojapali from Assam and Rajasthani puppetry are among the storytelling styles that have been presented at the event at which performers from Argentina, Mexico, New Zealand, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka have also participated.
Actors Adil Hussain, Danish Husain and Indira Varma, radio jockey Mir and storyteller Jan Blake are among those who have narrated tales in previous editions of Logon Ka FolkLog, the fifth and most recent instalment of which was held in January 2022.
Check out more folk arts festivals here.
About Project FolkLog
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.