Madras Jazz Festival
Madras Jazz Festival
The experience of listening to Jazz in a city that’s grown up on a diet of Carnatic classical is unparalleled. Madras Jazz Festival, an annual festival hinged on an old city name, aims to fuel the world of jazz in Chennai (formerly Madras) by bringing together artists from Europe and India.
Black Market, Sanjay Divecha & Trio, Project Albatross, Brian Molley Quartet, Maarten Visser Duo, and The Sanaea Bubber Jazz Collective are some of the jazz musicians who have performed at Madras Jazz Festival.
Check out more music festivals here.
Highlights from the Past
How To Get There
How to Reach Chennai
1. By Air: Chennai International Airport is 7 km away from Chennai city. Frequent domestic as well as international flights arrive here. Anna Terminal receives international flights from various major cities in the world. Kamaraj Terminal, which is at a distance of 150 metres from the Anna Terminal, has domestic flights connecting Chennai with major Indian cities.
2. By Rail: Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore are the main railway stations in the city receiving regular trains from various major cities of India such as Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata.
3. By Road: The city is well connected with other cities in India by a road network. Various national highways from Chennai connect with Bengaluru (330 km), Trichy (326 km), Puducherry (162 km) and Tiruvallur (47 km). One can use car rental services or state transport buses.
- Wheelchair access
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Carry summer clothes to beat the humidity in Chennai.
2. Sandals, flip flops or sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in). You need to keep those feet tappin’. On that note, carry a bandana or a scrunchie to avoid tressy accidents with your fellow festival-goers.
3. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations.
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About the Organiser
Founded by Eddie Prithiviraj in 1994, Exodus is an event management company that promotes…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.