Prayogshala Fringe Theatre Festival
Prayogshala Fringe Theatre Festival
The two-day Prayogshala Fringe Theatre Festival, launched in 2022, features some of the country’s “most diverse, edgy and novel performances”. Ahmedabad-based black box venue Prayogshala organises and hosts the festival. In addition to local and national productions, the inaugural edition included workshops and street theatre shows.
Theatre practitioners such as Ankit Gor, Harshal Vyas, Kabir Thakore and Rajoo Barot led workshops on writing, physical theatre, set design and vachikam respectively. Amateur theatre groups from local colleges such as the Institute of Journalism and Communication and S. M. Patel Institute of Commerce presented ‘Nukkad Natak’ or street plays focused on socio-political subjects.
The events at the second edition of the Prayogshala Fringe Theatre Festival included the showcase of plays such as Aakhri Local, Nukkad Natak by Rangkarmi, Hariya Hercules ki Hairani by The Himalaya Thespians, Yin Yang by The GreenRoom Productions, acting workshops with eminent personalities like Pratik Rathod and Chirag Modi, open mics, competitions, conversations and much more.
Check out more theatre festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Ahmedabad
1. By Air: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport connects the city to all major domestic and international destinations. One of the busiest airports in Gujarat, it is located around 14 km away from the city centre. Travellers can easily book a pre-paid taxi from the airport to reach any part of the city.
2. By Rail: Located in the Kalupur area, at a distance of around 6 km from the city centre, Ahmedabad railway station, also known as Kalupur Station, connects the city to all the major cities of India such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur and Patna. Travellers can take buses, taxis and rickshaws from the station to reach any part of the city.
3. By Road: Prayogshala is located in the centre of Ahmedabad. Take any form of local transport and reach Income Tax Cross Roads. The venue is located at 800 metres from the junction, at Ashram Road.
- Unisex toilets
- Limited capacity
- Only fully vaccinated attendees allowed
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Light and airy cotton clothes; Ahmedabad has hot and dry weather in March.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations, and if the venue allows bottles to be taken inside.
3. Comfortable footwear such as sneakers.
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
Prayogshala, which opened in February 2021, is a “creative experimental lab” by theatre and film…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.