Ranga Shankara Theatre Festival
Ranga Shankara Theatre Festival
Held at one of Bengaluru’s best-known venues, the week-long, theme-based Ranga Shankara Theatre Festival offers a smorgasbord of Indian and, often, international plays. Apart from the carefully curated performances, the proceedings include seminars, discussions and workshops.
Performances in secondary spaces at the venue as well as across the city complement the productions on the main stage. More than 250 shows have been staged for over 50,000 audience members across the Ranga Shankara Theatre Festival’s 15 editions.
Check out more theatre festivals here.
Highlights from the Past
How To Get There
How to Reach Bengaluru
1. By Air: You can reach Bengaluru via air at Bengaluru International Airport, which is located at a distance of 40 km from the city.
2. By Rail: Bengaluru Railway Station is located in the heart of the city. Various trains from all over India come to Bengaluru, including the Mysore Express from Chennai, Karnataka Express from Delhi and Udyan Express from Mumbai, which covers many major cities in between.
3. By Road: The city is connected to various other cities via major national highways. Buses from neighbouring states run on a regular basis to Bengaluru and Bengaluru Bus Stand also runs various buses to major cities in South India.
- Wheelchair access
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. The weather in Bengaluru is between moderately hot and pleasant in October, with temperatures ranging from 19°C-28°C. Carry denim, cotton and linen clothes.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations and the venue allows bottles to be taken inside.
3. Comfortable footwear. Sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in).
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.