Ranthambhore Music & Wildlife Festival
Held annually at the Nahargarh Palace since 2017, the Ranthambhore Music and Wildlife Festival provides audiences an opportunity to “discover and appreciate musical styles, genres and traditions, timeless folk art and the beautiful and majestic wildlife of India”.
On offer are performances by independent and folk music artists, a safari, wildlife-themed art exhibitions and documentary films, a flea market, workshops showcasing local handicrafts, and meals served under the stars. Believe Entertainment helms the Ranthambhore Music & Wildlife Festival, at which the headliners have included acts as wide-ranging as actor-singer Farhan Akhtar, rapper Naezy and Hindustani classical vocalist Zila Khan.
The event, which was on hiatus in 2020 and 2021 owing to the pandemic, will return this year. The 2022 instalment will be held in association with the Population Foundation of India and MARD to promote gender equality.
Check out more music festivals here.
The Ranthambhore Music and Wildlife Festival is a multi-genre festival with a host of experiences designed to engage audiences of all ages and cultivate an awareness and appreciation for folk art, wildlife and nature.
During the day, there are safaris, documentary screenings, art exhibitions, stalls selling traditional handicrafts and workshops in block printing, pottery and folk music.
The performances begin at sunset at two picturesque locations, the marble step-well swimming pool and the stone amphitheatre.
Guests can also book a seat at the royal banquet in the palace garden or climb up to the palace ramparts and partake in a guided star-gazing session, away from the after parties and midnight revelry.
How To Get There
How to Reach Ranthambore
1. By Air: Guests looking at flight options must pick Jaipur as their destination. There are daily flights to Jaipur from every major city. Once you land in Jaipur, head to the pre-paid taxi counter and book a one-way cab to Sawai Madhopur. The taxi ride is approx 3hrs from the airport.
2. By Rail: There are several rail options from Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur as well as other cities that get you to the festival. For those considering the train, which is an excellent option, your final destination (station name) will be Sawai Madhopur. The festival venue is approx 5km from the train station.
3. By Road: For those who enjoy road trips, we highly recommend you consider driving to the festival. Rajasthan boasts some of the best highways in the country with breathtaking views and mouth watering Dhaba food that truly make it an epic road trip experience.
- Food stalls
- Gendered toilets
- Licensed bars
- Wheelchair access
- Masks mandatory
- Sanitiser booths
- Socially distanced
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Carry comfortable outfits as the weather is pleasant in November.
2. Footwear. Fashionable trainers or boots (but make sure they are worn in) are great for the art-filled evenings, but you want to pack a good pair of trainers for the wildlife safari.
3. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations.
4. COVID packs: Sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate at the bare minimum are objects you should keep handy.
About Believe Entertainment
Believe Entertainment is a subsidiary of Believe, the Paris-headquartered company founded in 2005 that…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.