Remembering Veenapani Festival
Remembering Veenapani Festival
Remembering Veenapani Festival is an annual event in remembrance of Veenapani Chawla, the founder of Adishakti Laboratory for Theatre Art Research, where performers across the country come together to commemorate her life and work.
Launched in 2015, Remembering Veenapani Festival is Adishakti’s way of continuing, disseminating and expanding the work and vision of the founder. Remembering Veenapani, which could not take place in 2020 and 2021 owing to the pandemic, will return in April 2022 for a month-long 40th anniversary celebration of Adishakti, which was founded in 1981.
Check out more theatre festivals here.
How To Get There
How to reach Puducherry/Adishakti
Flights to Puducherry Airport are available from Hyderabad and Bengaluru. Connecting flights from other cities are also available. Alternatively, you can take a flight to Chennai Airport and travel to Puducherry by road. It’s a three-hour journey by bus and a two-and-a-half-hour journey by car. From Bengaluru, there are direct buses to Puducherry, which take approximately seven hours. The Adishakti Campus is 8 km from Puducherry and is 100 metres off the Chennai-Tindivanam-Puducherry/Bengaluru-Tindivanam-Puducherry Highway. You can reach Adishakti by auto-rickshaw.
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Mosquito repellent for outdoor performances.
2. The weather in Puducherry during summer is hot, humid and warm. Pack light and airy cotton clothes.
3. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations, and if the venue allows bottles to be taken inside.
4. Comfortable footwear. Sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in).
5. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About Adishakti Laboratory for Theatre Art Research
Adishakti Laboratory for Theatre Art Research
The Adishakti Laboratory for Theatre Art Research is a contemporary theatre research and repertory…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.