Tata Literature Live!
Among the most-loved literary festivals in the country, Tata Literature Live!, or Lit Live! as it’s come to be known, assembles authors, poets, artists and thought leaders from different parts of the world at the National Centre for the Performing Arts in Mumbai. In addition to hosting a slate of engaging book launches, discussions and workshops, the festival, which was launched in 2010, confers as many as ten awards. The categories include Book of the Year for fiction and non-fiction, Publisher of the Year, Poet Laureate and a Lifetime Achievement award.
Mahasweta Devi, Ruskin Bond, Mark Tully, Anita Desai, Girish Karnad, Shanta Gokhale, Adil Jussawalla, Kiran Nagarkar and K. Satchidanandan are among the past recipients of the awards. Germaine Greer, Jeffrey Archer, Shobhaa De, Alexander McCall Smith, Amy Tan, Vikram Seth, Shashi Tharoor and William Dalrymple are just some of the writers who have been part of the festival over the last 12 years. Since 2020, the sessions have been available to stream on the festival’s official website, YouTube channel and Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Some of the speakers at the 2022 edition included author Ian Cardozo, journalists Faye D’Souza and Gayatri Rangachari Shah, author and politician Shashi Tharoor and screenwriter and comedian Varun Grover.
Check out more literature festivals here.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.