Tata Steel Jharkhand Literary Meet
Tata Steel Jharkhand Literary Meet
Launched in 2017, the Ranchi-based Tata Steel Jharkhand Literary Meet resulted from the need for a festival that would celebrate the eponymous state’s “rich yet underrepresented literature and culture”. Like its sister festivals in Kolkata and Bhubaneswar, the events include talks, discussions, workshops, book launches, film screenings, plays, dance recitals and music performances.
English, Hindi and regional-language writers such as Ruskin Bond, Mridula Garg, Uday Prakash, Mahadev Toppo and Anuj Lugun are among the prominent speakers who have participated at the annual two-day festival over the years. The list also includes actors Sharmila Tagore and Pankaj Kapur and politician Jairam Ramesh.
The Tata Steel Jharkhand Literary Meet, which did not take place in 2020 and 2021 owing to the pandemic, returned with its fourth edition in March 2022.
Check out more literature festivals here.
How to Get There
How to Reach Jharkhand
1. By Air: The nearest domestic airport is Ranchi airport.
2. By Rail: Ranchi Railway division has a total length of 842 km and railway routes merging the junction. So it plays an important transit point in East India.
3. By Road: Three important National Highways NH7(North-South). NH47 (Leading to West) and NH68 (Leading to East) intersect at Ranchi. Three major bus stands are ITI, Khadghara, Government Bus Stand which plays an important part in public movement from the city to any other places.
- Food stalls
- Free drinking water
- Gendered toilets
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations and allows water bottles to be taken into the festival venue.
2. A pen. Authors are often available for signing books and may not always have a pen at hand. If you already have books from the visiting authors on your bookshelf that you want to get signed, you could carry them too.
3. A tote bag for all those books and brochures you may want to lug back home.
4. Cash and cards. Most literature festivals have bookstalls selling books of invited authors. It’s always a good idea to carry debit /credit cards as well as cash in case technology fails us or if you want to avail of cash discounts that they offer on the spot.
5. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.