The Outback Festival
Leh, Ladakh was abuzz with excitement in September 2022 as adventure enthusiasts from across the country gathered for the inaugural edition of the extraordinary Outback Festival. This one-of-a-kind event embodied the essence of “Adventure, Music, the Outdoors, and Community,” creating an unparalleled experience at a breathtaking elevation of 11,500 feet above sea level.
It proudly claims to be the world’s highest motorable adventure and music festival.
Thrill-seekers witnessed jaw-dropping stunts in the adrenaline-pumping Stunt Arena. As the festival pulsed with energy, three vibrant music stages resonated with captivating melodies, infusing the air with an electric atmosphere. And for those seeking inspiration, the Outback Story Room became a sanctuary where renowned adventurers and travel experts shared their invaluable insights, creating a deep connection with the audience.
Iconic hard rock bands like Parikrama and Girish and the Chronicles unleashed their raw energy, setting the stage on fire. Singer-songwriters Raghav Meattle, Salman Elahi, and Wumbaya serenaded the crowd with their soulful melodies, while the Sufi vocals of Rising Malang transported listeners to another realm. The infectious rhythms of Bass Foundation Roots (BFR sound system) featuring the Delhi Sultanate, captivated all who danced to the beat.
Mark your calendars and save the dates: September 16th to 17th, 2023. The next edition of the Outback Festival is on the horizon, promising even more adventure, music and camaraderie.
The Outback Festival is organised by Yellowstage Events and Exhibitions.
Check out more music festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Leh
1. By Air: Leh has its own airport, which is served by direct flights from New Delhi, Mumbai and Srinagar. Flights via Delhi and Srinagar can be availed from any part of the country. From the airport, local cabs can be hired to reach anywhere in Leh.
2. By Rail: Pathankot, Chandigarh and Kalka are the railway stations closest to Leh. Trains from various Indian cities serve these stations. One can board a train to any of these stations and then hire a cab to reach Leh.
3. By Road: The Himachal Road Transport Corporation and Jammu and Kashmir Road Transport Corporation operate daily deluxe and ordinary buses between Manali and Leh. Government buses, both deluxe and ordinary, run from Kargil and between Leh and Srinagar at regular intervals. Cars and jeeps are also available for the Leh-Srinagar and Leh-Manali route.
- Camping area
- Food stalls
- Licensed bars
- Parking facilities
- Limited capacity
- Sanitiser booths
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Tablets to combat high altitude sickness. Arrive two days before the festival to get acclimatised.
2. Winterwear, including a cap, pair of gloves and muffler, to keep warm. Make sure to also have sunglasses and a windproof jacket.
3. Sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in). You need to keep those feet tappin’. On that note, carry a bandana or a scrunchie to avoid tressy accidents with your fellow festival-goers.
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.