The Outback Festival
The Outback Festival in Leh, the inaugural edition of which will take place in September 2022, aims to bring together adventure enthusiasts from across the country to celebrate the joys of “adventure, music, the outdoors and community”. Located at 11,500 feet above sea level, it claims to be “India’s highest motorable adventure and music fest”.
Among the highlights of the festival will be a stunt arena, a custom motorcycle display zone, three music stages, a flea market and an outback story room where popular names from the fields of travel and adventure will share their insights. Hard rock bands Parikrama and Girish and the Chronicles, singer-songwriters Raghav Meattle, Salman Elahi and Wumbaya, Sufi vocalist Rising Malang and reggae artist Delhi Sultanate are among the acts scheduled to perform.
Check out more music festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Leh
1. By Air: Leh has its own airport, which is served by direct flights from New Delhi, Mumbai and Srinagar. Flights via Delhi and Srinagar can be availed from any part of the country. From the airport, local cabs can be hired to reach anywhere in Leh.
2. By Rail: Pathankot, Chandigarh and Kalka are the railway stations closest to Leh. Trains from various Indian cities serve these stations. One can board a train to any of these stations and then hire a cab to reach Leh.
3. By Road: The Himachal Road Transport Corporation and Jammu and Kashmir Road Transport Corporation operate daily deluxe and ordinary buses between Manali and Leh. Government buses, both deluxe and ordinary, run from Kargil and between Leh and Srinagar at regular intervals. Cars and jeeps are also available for the Leh-Srinagar and Leh-Manali route.
- Camping area
- Food stalls
- Licensed bars
- Parking facilities
- Limited capacity
- Sanitiser booths
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Tablets to combat high altitude sickness. Arrive two days before the festival to get acclimatised.
2. Winterwear, including a cap, pair of gloves and muffler, to keep warm. Make sure to also have sunglasses and a windproof jacket.
3. Sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in). You need to keep those feet tappin’. On that note, carry a bandana or a scrunchie to avoid tressy accidents with your fellow festival-goers.
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.