Wahyum Festival of Arts and Music
Wahyum Festival of Arts and Music
Launched in 2021, the annual three-day Wahyum Festival of Arts and Music is named after its venue, the Wahyum Eco Resort. The spot was specifically chosen for its location, the scenic village of Taorem, which is away from Imphal’s din and bustle yet close enough to the city to make travel convenient for attendees.
Rock band Lo! Peninsula and DJ-producer Create Nusanz headlined the first instalment, which featured an all-Manipuri line-up that included Alamle Heraang, Eyoom, Innocent Eyes, Jeet Kshetricha, Life in Limbo, Meewakching, Siyom, The Dirty Strikes, The Wishess and Variation 4.
On the bill for 2022 are such state-based acts as Alter Ego, Bulletproof Bellbottoms, Imnainla Jamir, 1BHK, Pariahs of Paradise, Project RJH, Solace Her and Virgo Diamond as well as Boomarang from Mizoram, Girish and the Chronicles from Sikkim and Hamartia from Meghalaya.
The festival is not only a showcase of music talent from the north east, but also a platform for the region’s culture and homegrown products. The first edition included an exhibition of works by local visual artists and photographers. The second instalment will spotlight the history of the game of polo, said to have originated in Manipur. Equestrian activities that help raise awareness about conservation of the Manipuri pony have been planned as part of the programme.
Wahyum also aims to be an eco-friendly event. The use of plastic is banned on the festival grounds and all the fences and some of the stage backdrop are made of bamboo.
Check out more music festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Imphal
1. By Air: Imphal has its own airport, the Bir Tikendrajit International Airport, formerly known as the Tulihal International Airport. It runs regular flights to Aizawl , Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi and Silchar. The second nearest international airport, located roughly 490 km from Imphal, is the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati, from which flights are available from cities such as Agartala, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune and Kolhapur. The Wahyum Eco Resort is approximately 25 km from the Bir Tikendrajit International Airport in Imphal.
2. By Rail: The nearest railway station is the Dimapur Railway Station, which is connected to the major cities of the north-east. It is linked with cities such as Mariani and Guwahati in Assam and Kolkata in West Bengal through trains like the Jan Shatabdi Express, Jttn Intercity and Ghy Intercity.
3. By Road: Imphal is well connected to other cities in the region through Manipur State Road Transport Corporation buses and some private bus operators. It is located 63 km from Churachandpur and 65 km from Noney within Manipur; 138 km from Kohima and 210 km from Dimapur in Nagaland; 264 km from Silchar in Assam; 413 km from Aizawl in Mizoram; 585 km from Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh; and 539 km from Shillong in Meghalaya.
- Camping area
- Food stalls
- Free drinking water
- Parking facilities
- Unisex toilets
- Wheelchair access
- Masks mandatory
- Socially distanced
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. The temperatures in December can vary between 23°C and 6°C. Take a jacket or shawl to keep warm in the evenings and nights.
2. Comfortable footwear. Sneakers or boots (but make sure they are worn in).
3. A sturdy water bottle.
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About Mayflos Events and Entertainment￼
Mayflos Events and Entertainment￼
Mayflos Events and Entertainment, formed in 2021, is an event company that works in…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.