Aadyam Theatre, an exciting theatre initiative by the Aditya Birla Group is now back again with its sixth season after two years of hiatus post COVID. This new season is all about bringing back the joy of live theatre into the lives of people across the country. The theatre festival will be a mix of four proscenium and two experimental shows performed in venues across both Mumbai and Delhi. Besides, there will also be a bunch of new theatre-centric activities, housed under Aadyam Spotlight (a budding community for theatre lovers), such as theatre podcasts, workshops, a theatre club and an exclusive theatre blog.
Renowned theatre personalities forming this year’s curation committee include Shernaz Patel, Kyla Dsouza, Purva Naresh, and Ira Dubey. Being led by artistic director-duo Shernaz Patel and Nadir Khan, this season ensures a more sincere delivery of the various newer initiatives by Aadyam.
Besides collaborating with exceptional theatre artists, this year Aadyam has also joined hands with several homegrown illustrators, doodlers, and graphic designers for working on their plays’ posters and other assets.
Among the theatre groups and companies it has worked with before include Aasakta Kalamanch (Gajab Kahani), Aarambh Mumbai (Bandish 20-20,000Hz, Ladies Sangeet, Zoon), Akvarious Productions (The Hound of the Baskervilles, The Kite Runner, Under The Gypsy Moon), Arpana Theatre (Loretta, Mere Piya Gaye Rangoon), Cinematograph (I Don’t Like It As You Like It), Dur Se Brothers (Hello Farmaaish!), Rage Productions (Anand Express, Mosambi Narangi, #SingIndiaSing, The Siddhus Of Upper Juhu, 12 Angry Jurors), The Company Theatre (Detective Nau-Do-Gyarah) and The Hoshruba Repertory (Guards at the Taj).
Since its launch, Aadyam has staged over 200 shows of 25 new productions based on a mix of original and adapted scripts. Cumulatively, these plays, performed in auditoriums in Mumbai and New Delhi, have reached an audience of over a lakh people. In 2020 and 2021, recordings of previously staged plays were streamed online.
Check out more theatre festivals here.
The Aadyam Theatre experience is not limited to just watching a play. All the experiences, from culinary to visual and entertainment, at an Aadyam show are curated around the world of the play the audience is about to watch. For example, when A Few Good Men was staged in 2019, the decor of the entire foyer of the venue was styled to resemble military barracks, there was a photo booth designed as a defence line, and audiences could purchase a glass of hot chocolate. When #SingIndiaSing was staged in 2018, there was a green-screen photo booth where audiences could make a memento of the show with them on a #SingIndiaSing magazine cover. There was also a karaoke booth.
About Hyperlink Brand Solutions
Hyperlink Brand Solutions
Hyperlink Brand Solutions is a collective that executes corporate and brand-led events and activations…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.