Global ISAI Festival
Global ISAI Festival
Launched in 2012 in Chennai, the Global ISAI Festival was inspired by music festivals of Europe hosted by smaller villages. Described as “the global music festival with a local heart,” it showcases and celebrates all genres of western music. Pop, rock, blues, jazz, funk, hip-hop and even fusion are on offer. Spain’s Els Catarres, Australia’s Grace Barbé , Turkey’s Light in Babylon and the UK’s Susheela Raman are among the international stars to have performed.
The festival has also featured solo artists and bands from Canada, France, Iran, Israel, Japan, Korea, Reunion Island, the US and Zimbabwe. The dozens of Indian acts to have played the Global ISAI Festival include L. Shankar, Ranjit Barot, Swarathma and The F16s.
Check out more music festivals here.
Highlights from the Past
How To Get There
How to Reach Chennai
1. By Air: Chennai International Airport is 7 km away from Chennai city. Frequent domestic as well as international flights arrive here. Anna Terminal receives international flights from various major cities in the world. Kamaraj Terminal, which is at a distance of 150 metres from the Anna Terminal, has domestic flights connecting Chennai with major Indian cities.
2. By Rail: Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore are the main railway stations in the city, receiving regular trains from various major cities of India such as Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata.
3. By Road: The city is well connected with other cities in India by a road network. Various national highways from Chennai connect with Bengaluru (330 km), Trichy (326 km), Puducherry (162 km) and Tiruvallur (47 km). One can use car rental services or state transport buses.
- Wheelchair access
- Masks mandatory
- Only fully vaccinated attendees allowed
- Sanitiser booths
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Carry summer clothes to beat the humidity.
2. Sandals, flip flops, sneakers (perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in). You need to keep those feet tappin’. On that note, carry a bandana or a scrunchie to avoid tressy accidents with your fellow festival-goers.
3. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations.
4. COVID packs: Sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate at the bare minimum are objects you should keep handy.
Founded by Eddie Prithiviraj in 1994, Exodus is an event management company that promotes…
1st Main Road, Kasthurbai Nagar,
Adyar, Chennai 600 020.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.