Jodhpur Folk and Handicrafts Festival
Jodhpur Folk and Handicrafts Festival
Organised as part of a collaborative initiative of the Department of Tourism, Government of Rajasthan and UNESCO to strengthen the intangible cultural heritage of western Rajasthan, the first edition of Jodhpur Folk and Handicrafts Festival, in Jodhpur’s Chopasani village, will spotlight folk arts and crafts from of the region. These include Kalbelia dance, the folk music of the Langa and Manganiyar communities, the string puppetry of Jaisalmer and durrie weaving.
Attendees will be able to watch performances by, interact with, and learn about the history of the art forms from dancers Asha Sapera and Kalunath Kalbelia, musicians Asin Khan and Kasam Khan, and puppeteers Mukesh Bhatt and Rakesh Bhatt. They can also browse and buy handwoven rugs and other items by durrie makers.
Check out more arts and crafts festivals here.
How To Get There
How to reach Jodhpur
1. By Air: Jodhpur has its own domestic airport, which is located around 5 km from the city centre. Flights from New Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, Udaipur and other important Indian cities serve Jodhpur on a daily basis. Cabs and autos are available outside the airport and can be hired to travel to any part of the city.
2. By Rail: Trains from New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and Jaipur and several other cities serve the city of Jodhpur. Apart from regular express and mail trains, the luxurious Palace on Wheels also caters to Jodhpur city. Many local taxis are available outside the station, which can be availed to travel to any part of the city.
3. By Road: Direct buses from New Delhi and Jaipur make road connectivity with Jodhpur convenient. Government-run Volvo coaches as well as numerous private deluxe and luxury buses are available in this route. The road condition of Jodhpur Highway is quite good and therefore buses can be availed in this route.
- Food stalls
- Free drinking water
- Gendered toilets
- Parking facilities
- Unisex toilets
- Masks mandatory
- Sanitiser booths
- Socially distanced
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Loose and airy cotton clothes with long sleeves to tackle the hot weather.
2. An umbrella, if you happen to get caught in a sudden shower.
3. A sturdy water bottle.
4. COVID packs: Sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate.
About Department of Tourism, Government of Rajasthan
Department of Tourism, Government of Rajasthan
The Government of Rajasthan’s Department of Tourism, established in 1966, showcases the natural and…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.