Kautik International Film Festival
Kautik International Film Festival
Kautik International Film Festival, which was launched in 2017, features screenings, panel discussions, workshops, masterclasses and film appreciation camps. Awards under various categories, including those for short fiction and documentary, are presented to young filmmakers. The first two editions of the Kautik International Film Festival were conducted at and in association with the Cell for Ethnomusicography and Film Making of Kumaun University in Nainital. Since 2019, the festival has been hosted by the district administration at Almora at the Mahaseer Fishing Camps, located in the outer zone of the Jim Corbett National Park.
Read about other film festivals here.
How To Get There
How to reach Nainital
1. By Air: The nearest Domestic Airport from Nainital is Pantnagar Airport, Pantnagar, roughly one hour drive from the city. It is well connected to New Delhi and Mumbai via Jet Airways, Air India and Spice Jet. The nearest International Airport is Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi, a roughly five-hour drive from Nainital. Frequent Flights to various national and international destinations take off from here.
2. By Rail: Nainital has also The nearest Railway Station from Nainital is Kathgodam Railway Station, located at a distance of 24 km from the city. Kathgodam Railway Station is connected to the major cities of Uttrakhand. It is linked with the cities like New Delhi, Dehradun, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jammu and Kolkata via Anvt Kgm Sht, Utr Samprk K Express, Bagh Express and Kgm Garib Rath.
3. By Road: Nainital is 23 km from Kathgodam, 34 km from Ramgarh, 55 km from Ranikhet, 62 km from Almora, 63 km from Ramnagar, 165 km from Chandpur, 196 km from Kotdwara, 223 km from Haridwar, 242 km from Rishikesh, 275 km from Dehradun and is linked through Uttrakhand State Road Transport Corporation (USRTC) and some private travel services.
- Gendered toilets
- Wheelchair access
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. Nainital is dry and cold in December, with temperatures varying between 3.2°C and 12.4°C. Wear warm, winter wear to shield yourself from cold.
2. A study water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations, and if the venue allows bottles to be taken inside the festival site. Hey, let’s do our bit for the environment, shall we?
3. Footwear. Sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in).
3. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are objects you should keep handy.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.