Rough Note – Literarily Yours
Rough Note – Literarily Yours
Rough Note – Literarily Yours is a children’s literary festival dedicated to nurturing young writers, poets and emerging storytellers. It stands as Chennai’s pioneering event of its kind, fostering a deep love for literature and the written word among its participants.
The festival provides a platform for young kids to showcase their literary works while engaging in inspiring talks and activities. The inaugural edition of the festival witnessed an overwhelming participation of over a hundred young and aspiring writers from various parts of the city. Students from schools across Chennai enthusiastically submitted their works, including fiction and non-fiction short stories, as well as poems in both Tamil and English. These submissions were meticulously evaluated by authors, and the finest works by the young writers were subsequently published as a collective anthology. The last edition of the festival was held between 03 and 04 September 2022 at DakshinaChitra Heritage Museum. Rough Note – Literarily Yours is jointly organised by Quriosity and Droplets Creation, two organisations committed to promoting literary excellence and creativity.
Check out more literature festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Chennai
1. By Air: Chennai International Airport is 7 kms away from Chennai city. Frequent domestic as well as international flights arrive here. Anna Terminal receives international flights from various major cities in the world. Kamaraj Terminal, which is at a distance of 150 metres from the Anna Terminal, has domestic flights connecting Chennai with major Indian cities.
2. By Rail: Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore are the main railway stations in the city receiving regular trains from various major cities of India such as Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata.
3. By Road: The city is well connected with other cities in India by a road network. Various national highways from Chennai connect with Bengaluru (330 kms), Trichy (326 kms), Puducherry (162 kms) and Tiruvallur (47 kms). One can use car rental services or state transport buses.
Items & Accessories To Carry
1. Carry summer clothes to beat the humidity in Chennai.
2. Sandals, flip flops or sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in). You need to keep those feet tappin’. On that note, carry a bandana or a scrunchie to avoid tressy accidents with your fellow festival-goers.
3. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations.
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.