Utopian Dystopia, a ten-day Kochi-based festival have provided a platform for over 100 artists, designers and engineers to come together and blend art, design and technology. The festival, which takes place every two years, have been conceptualised with the aim of highlighting how those disciplines complement each other.
Past editions of the festival have included talks, panel discussions, workshops, interactive installations, NFT exhibits, film screenings, dance and music performances and a fashion show. Neuroscientist Abhijeet Satani, architects Giombattista Arredia and Takbir Fatima and artists Melvin Thambi and Unnikrishna M. Damodaran have been among the artists and speakers who participated in the events.
Check out more new media festivals here.
How To Get There
How to reach Kochi
1. By Air: Nedumbassery International Airport is situated about 20 km from Kochi. There are regular flights from and to several other cities in India and abroad, including the Gulf countries and Singapore.
2. By Rail: Harbour Terminus on Willingdon Island, Ernakulum town and Ernakulum Junction are three important railheads in the region. There are frequent rail services from the railway station to various other major cities of the country.
3. By Road: Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) connects Kochi with all the major cities in Kerala and with many cities in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Deluxe Volvo buses, AC sleepers as well as regular AC buses are also available from the city to destinations such as Thrissur (72 km), Thiruvananthapuram (196 km) and Madurai (231 km). Taxis are also available from and to the main city.
- Food stalls
- Free drinking water
- Gendered toilets
- Wheelchair access
Items & Accessories to Carry
1. The weather in Kochi during summer is hot and humid. Pack light and airy cotton clothes.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations and if the venue allows bottles to be taken inside.
3. Comfortable footwear. Sneakers (a perfect option if it’s not likely to rain) or boots (but make sure they are worn in).
4. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
HeadQ is co-working space based in Kozhikode and Kochi. It was founded in 2020…
Shankar Nagar Colony Road
Chambakkara - Kannadikadu Rd
Maradu, Kochi, Kerala 682304
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.