Art Is Life
Art Is Life
Launched in 2020 by organiser Museum of Art & Photography (MAP), Art is Life is a festival that celebrates the “interconnectedness of the arts and their significance in our everyday life through stories, performances, artworks and experts”. It is held every December to mark the launch of MAP’s digital museum. The inaugural online edition showcased the museum’s collection in a weeklong series of events such as narrations and performances.
The second instalment in 2021, which was also executed digitally, was themed around music and explored the “power of the museum and music to bring people together”. Entitled SoundFrames, it comprised concerts, lecture demonstrations, panel discussions, workshops and exhibitions that cut across a range of genres from “the classical to the contemporary”.
Art historian B. N. Goswamy, lyricist Javed Akhtar, actors Shabana Azmi and Arundhati Nag, bharatanatyam dancer Malavika Sarukkai, singer Kavita Seth, artist Jitish Kallat, composer Ricky Kej and the groups Kabir Cafe and Penn Masala have been part of the festival so far. The museum is looking at hosting a hybrid version this year.
Check out more multiarts festivals here.
About Museum of Art & Photography (MAP)
Museum of Art & Photography (MAP)
The Museum of Art & Photography (MAP), is the vision of one of India’s…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.