Digital Pride Festival
Digital Pride Festival
The Digital Pride Festival, which was started in 2020, “harnesses the potential of digital spaces with the aim to create fresh art and encourage skill building”. With a mission to mainstream conversations on LGBTQIA+ rights, the festival curates dialogue around advocacy through art, pleasure, healing and mental well-being, and showcases genre-bending performances celebrating queer self-expression. The events, which range from film screenings to dance, music and theatre performances, also include masterclasses and workshops that equip young creators with the tools to share their stories and amplify their voices.
Artist and educators Durga Gawde and Kareem Khubchandani, dancer Raheem Mir, LGBTQIA+ choir Rainbow Voices, photographer Roshini Kumar, filmmaker Shiva Raichandani and theatre writer-director Vikram Phukan are among the performers and speakers who have been part of the Digital Pride Festival so far. While the first two editions were staged virtually owing to the pandemic, the 2022 instalment will comprise both online events and in-person pop-ups that will be held from June onwards.
Check out more multiarts festivals here.
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.