The multiarts festival, Jashn-e-Rekhta, celebrates the Urdu language and Hindustani culture through ghazals, Sufi music, qawwali, dastaangoi, panel discussions, mushaira, poetry recitations and more.
The festival was not held in 2020 and 2021 due to the pandemic and returned again in 2022 for its seventh edition. The three-day festival was held between 02 and 04 December 2022 in New Delhi and showcased more than 150 artists participating in over 60 varied events.
Organised by the Rekhta Foundation, the inauguration ceremony of the 2022 edition of the festival hosted Javed Akhtar, and included a ghazal concert by Hariharan. Over the three days, various events and talks at Jashn-e-Rekhta featured prominent actors such as Naseeruddin Shah, Ratna Pathak Shah, Shabana Azmi and Kumar Vishwas, as well as authors, poets and literary scholars like Fahmi Badayuni, Shakeel Azmi, and Sheen Kaaf Nizam. The programme also included a curated food festival, Aiwan-e-Zaiqa. a literary exhibition and an art and craft bazaar. The festival closed with a Sufi music performance by Richa Sharma.
There is no entry fee for the festival. You can register for the events through their official website.
Check out more multiarts festivals here.
How To Get There
How to Reach Delhi
1. By Air: Delhi is well connected by domestic and international flights to all the major cities within and outside India. Almost all the major airlines have their flights operating from Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi. The Domestic Airport connects Delhi to the major cities in India.
2. By Rail: The railway network connects Delhi to all major and nearly all the minor destinations in India. The three important railway stations of Delhi are New Delhi Railway Station, Old Delhi Railway Station and Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station.
3. By Road: Delhi is well connected by a network of roads and national highways with all the major cities in India. The three major bus stands in Delhi are Inter State Bus Terminus (ISBT) at Kashmiri Gate, Sarai Kale Khan Bus Terminus and Anand Vihar Bus Terminus. Both government and private transport providers run frequent bus services. One can also hire government-run as well as private taxis here.
- Food stalls
- Wheelchair access
Items and Accessories to Carry
1. Woolens. Delhi can get cold in December, with temperatures dipping as low as 9°C.
2. A sturdy water bottle, if the festival has refillable water stations and the venue allows bottles to be taken inside.
3. COVID packs: Hand sanitiser, extra masks and a copy of your vaccination certificate are things you should keep handy.
About Rekhta Foundation
The Rekhta Foundation, established in 2012, is a not-for-profit organisation focused on preserving and…
- Festivals From India is not associated with ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival organised by Festival Organisers. Festivals From India shall not be responsible for any conflict between a User and Festival Organiser in matters related to ticketing, merchandising and refund matters of any Festival.
- The date / timings / artist line-up of any Festival may change as per the Festival Organiser’s discretion and Festivals From India has no control over such changes.
- For the registration of a Festival, the Users will be redirected to the website of such Festival or to any third party website under the discretion / arrangement of Festival Organisers. Once a User has completed their registration for a Festival, they will receive their registration confirmation by email from the Festival Organisers or the third party websites where the event registration is hosted. Users are advised to enter their valid email correctly on the registration form. Users may also check their junk / spam email box in case any of their Festival email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- Events are marked COVID safe based on self-declarations made by the festival organiser regarding compliance with government/local authority COVID-19 protocols. Festivals From India shall have no liability as to the actual compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Additional Terms for Digital Festivals
- Users may face interruptions during the course of the live stream due to internet connectivity issues. Neither Festivals From India nor the Festival Organiser is responsible for such interruptions.
- The Digital Festival / Event may have interactive elements and will involve participation from the Users.